The program is designed to calculate the optimum cross-section and perform strength check of slender struts strained for buckling. The program includes:
- Selection of six basic types of buckling.
- Calculation of area characteristics of 20 types of cross-sections.
- Design of optimum profile accommodating the set load.
- Strength check of the strut.
- Calculation and graphical representation of permitted stress dependent on slenderness rate.
- A table of materials and a table of area characteristics of W, S, C and L profiles according to ANSI/AISC and I, U, L and T profiles according to DIN/ISO.
The calculation is based on data, procedures, algorithms (Johnson, Tetmajer, Euler, Secant) and data from specialized literature and AISC, ISO, DIN and BS standards.
List of standards (DIN 1025, 1026, 1028, 1029, 1024, AISC W, S, C, L, LU ... )
This module is a part of MITCalc - Mechanical and Technical Calculation Package for gear, belt and chain drives, springs, beam, shaft, bolt connection, shaft connections, tolerances and many others
No special requirements
July 11, 2017
Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 2003, Windows Vista Starter, Windows Vista Home Basic, Windows Vista Home Premium, Windows Vista Business, Windows Vista Enterprise, Windows Vista Ultimate, Windows Vista Home Basic x64, Windows Vista Home Premium x64, Windows Vista Business x64, Windows Vista Enterprise x64, Windows Vista Ultimate x64, Windows 8, Windows Server, Win7 x32, Win7 x64, WinOther, WinServer, WinVista , Windows 10,Windows Tablet PC Edition 2005,Windows Media Center Edition 2005
Area Characteristics, Beam, Buckling, Column, Cross Section, Din 1025, Euler, Johnson, Moment, Permitted Stress, Safety, Secant, Slender Strut, Stress, Tetmajer
|Version 1.20 Changes: